Monday, July 16, 2012

What's for dinner?

This dinner looks suspiciously like the previous post; maybe I'm in a rut when it comes to whaaaat's for dinnerrrrr?!
We actually ate this last week, but I think I remember what was in it: a can of chicken, sauteed in olive oil with some seasonings added. Then, sauteed kale in the same pan. In another pan, I heated up a carton of Corn & Lemongrass Soup and added frozen peas and corn and some more random seasonings.

That's pretty much my standard dinner (if I cook): some sort of meat, something green, some kind of sauce or soup and extra veggies - either fresh or frozen. Oh, I also usually add a can of black beans or kidney beans (or both!) to beef it up or rather bean it up... ha... ha...uh, Anyway...

My kids always want to know what dinner is called. Usually I tell them it's called, "Dinner," but sometimes we make up more creative names.

I asked the kids what they thought of this dish. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Christian, did you like dinner?
Christian: Not especially.
Spencer: It was too pea-y.
Me: Peey?
Spencer: Yea, too many peas.
Me: It had lots of corn.
Venna: Yeah, corns are good!

Good thinking on Venna head.

1 comment:

Scorchi said...

Some of us think a dish can't have too many peas. I bet it was delicious. Christian just didn't like it because it wasn't pasta.