1. Dirt can become a part of your fingerprint.
2. Great Dane dogs are the size of small ponies.
3. Stars are really pretty away from the city lights.
(I guess I already knew that, but it's nice to be reminded.)
4. Martinez is pronounced "MARTIN-ez" in Ohio.
5. If you get tired of your kids saying "Mom" all day, change your name to a bad word, so that they can't say it.
6. If you can't decide whether to call a short play a "show" or a "skit," you better make up your mind quickly or a bad word might come out instead by accidently combining the two. (This didn't happen to me personally, but I witnessed it. Luckily the girls were not nearby to hear, Scandalous!)
7. It's hard to have whole days with NO free time. Sure we were anxiously engaged in good causes, but sometimes it's nice not to be commanded in all things and to be able to do many good things of our own free will and desire.
8. I can put up with lots of annoying behavior knowing that it's going to go to it's own home at the end of the week.
I think it's the ~knowing how long I have to endure~ that makes it easier to be cheerful in the face of a trial.
9. Talking with the other leaders after the girls go to sleep is great fun!
10. If you want to take a picture of the fascinating witches with the stimulating stiches on the britches of the boys who put the powder on the noses of the faces of the ladies of the harem of the Court of King Caratacus, you're too late, they just passed by.