Sunday, March 17, 2013

Score One for Lazy Parenting

I wish I had two hands for typing right now, it's so much faster, but this little sweetie pie is currently sleeping on me.

Anyway, what I was going to say is that two weeks ago, my seven-year-old was lamenting the fact that he wanted to wear shorts, even though it was cold, but he couldn't because both pairs that he owns were in the laundry and he had been wearing pants for a couple of days and they were bothering him.

So, he took it upon himself to do laundry! Yay!

The first load that was dry, he took items out of the dryer one by one and put them away or brought them to me for help if he didn't know whose they were or where they went.

I thought he would do the load with his shorts and stop, but all week long he did between two to four loads of laundry every day, (I told you I was a lazy parent).

He said, "I'm doing laundry so that no one will ever run out of a type of clothes that they want to wear again!"

Finally, the day did come when there wasn't enough dirty clothes to make a load. He was bothered to run out, but I told him that was a wonderful problem to have.

This is the same boy who, when he was feeling cold in the living room said, "The heat in this room needs to be upgraded." Do we live in a digital world, or what?

No comments: